If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact our privacy staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information We Collect
When you visit SIMA Classroom you provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected by us and Website use information collected by us as you interact with our Website.
When you register with SIMA Classroom, you provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, your email address, and any other personal or preference information that you provide to us.
When you enter SIMA Classroom, we collect your browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all SIMA Classroom visitors. In addition, we store certain information from your browser using “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies to confirm that users are logged in. These cookies terminate once the user closes the browser. You can remove or block this cookie using the settings in your browser if you want to disable this convenience feature.
When you use SIMA Classroom, you may set up your personal profile, connect your Facebook account, make comments, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features.
You post your own private or personal information on the Website at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of user information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your information.
If you choose to use our invitation service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email or instant message inviting him or her to visit the site. SIMA Classroom stores this information to send this one-time invitation, to register a friend connection if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
By using SIMA Classroom, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to the United States of America and processed.
Use of Information Obtained by SIMA Classroom
When you register with SIMA Classroom, you create your own profile. We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by SIMA Classroom and other relevant SIMA programs that we think you may find valuable.
SIMA Classroom will send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, though SIMA Classroom reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
SIMA Classroom may use information in your profile without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network like a movie and personalizing advertisements and promotions so that we can provide you with SIMA Classroom.
We may use information about you that we collect from other sources, including but not limited to Social Network Platforms where we have a presence, newspapers and Internet sources such as blogs, instant messaging services, Social Network Platform developers and other users of SIMA Classroom, to supplement your profile. Where such information is used, we generally allow you to specify that you do not want this to be done or to take other actions that limit the connection of this information to your profile.
Legal basis for handling information
The laws in some jurisdictions require organizations to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience
- Constituent service
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new products, events, and services
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property
- Analyzing and improving our websites and services, e.g. collecting information about how you use our services to optimize the design and placement of certain features
- Managing legal issues
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and mission continuity purposes for additional time.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) reasonably necessary to offer the service, 2) legally required or, 3) permitted by you. When you use SIMA Classroom, certain information you post or share with third parties (e.g., a friend or someone in your network), such as personal information, comments, messages, listings or other information, may be shared with other users in accordance with the privacy settings you select. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, listings or other items , this information may become publicly available.
Changing or Removing Information
If you would like to request access to your information, request your information be deleted, or sent to you or a third party, please contact us at email@example.com.
SIMA Classroom takes appropriate precautions to protect our users’ information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). (To learn more about SSL, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer). Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services.
Your data rights
You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt out from certain cookie-related processing by changing the proper settings in your browser. Individuals in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment, or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
Contacting the Web Site
MEMBERSHIP & SUBSCRIPTION TERMS
- Subscription provides access to films in SIMA Classroom to be utilized and streamed as teaching resources for use in education programs only.
- All films in SIMA Classroom are licensed to SIMA and or have been freely submitted by third parties for inclusion in SIMA Classroom.
You are prohibited from utilizing or sharing these films outside the education program. Any forms or attempts of reproduction, public exhibition or distribution are prohibited.
- All additional materials, i.e “additional resources” may be used freely in the education program and shared with students. Additional Resources may include third party content, such as links to other websites and/or lesson plans, discussion guides and other documentation. These additional resources are provided for your convenience for further information. They do not signify that SIMA endorses third party content provided as reference and SIMA has no control over the nature, content and availability of such sites.
- “Access for 1 User” Subscriptions are to be utilized by one individual user during the subscription term. “Access for 10 Users” Subscriptions can be utilized by up to 10 individual users at a single institution.”Access for 150 Users” Subscriptions can be utilized by up to 150 individual users at a single institution. “Unlimited Institution” Subscription can be utilized by all users at a single institution. Any Subscription accounts found to be in violation of these terms will be cancelled immediately without refund.
- The use of any information, materials or resources provided in connection with SIMA Classroom is entirely at your own risk. Those using SIMA Classroom materials are encouraged to check their suitability for use with their students carefully.
- Every effort is made to keep the films and access to additional resources running smoothly. However, SIMA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any site or content being temporarily unavailable due to technical or other issues beyond our control. In no event is SIMA liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of SIMA Classroom, its contents and associated materials and resources.
- The failure of SIMA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and SIMA and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and SIMA (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Any new features that augment or enhance SIMA Classroom, including the release of new films, tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of SIMA Classroom after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free trial, Cancellation, Refunds
- Subscription to the service may begin with a 7-day Free Trial. You are permitted 1 Free Trial subscription. Upon termination of the Free Trial period, you may sign up for a paid Subscription. You may cancel your Free Trial at any time. SIMA reserves the right to modify, limit and/or cancel the Free Trial without notice at any time.
- SIMA cannot issue refunds for any reason.
- You may cancel your account at any time in the Membership Account page. Upon cancelling your account, you will immediately lose all access to SIMA Classroom films, additional materials, and content.