JOIN THE CHALLENGE
PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH QS WORLD MERIT
Host a virtual film screening + discussion that focuses on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and report your impact.
The challenge Winner receives a $350 cash prize, an internship opportunity at a renowned impact media organisation and lifetime access to SIMA’s educational film library for themselves and 1 classroom (up to 30 students) of their choice, in addition to points via the QS World Merit Impact App.
Receives a $150 cash prize, year round access to SIMA’s educational film library, in addition to points via the QS World Merit Impact App.
Receive Points when you report your Impact via the QS World Merit Impact App
Get a chance to host a virtual film event to advocate for the SDG you care most about.
You must be a QS World Merit Member
You must select 1 of the 17 films curated in the SDG Film Playlist at the bottom of this page.
Host your virtual screening before AUGUST 24, 2021
Deadline to REPORT YOUR IMPACT is on September 2 | WINNERS will be announced on October 5
LET’S GET STARTED
STEP 1 SIGN UP
- Within 72 hours you will receive a WELCOME KIT including: 1) Passcode to access the SDG Film Preview Page where you can watch 17 films and select the one you wish to screen 2) SIMAs Virtual Screening Guidebook to assist with your event planning 3) the Link to your Screening Contract that you have to submit once you decided on the film title and exact date of your screening.
STEP 2 SELECT YOUR FILM + SCREENING DATE + CREATE YOUR EVENT REGISTRATION
- As soon as you have selected the Film you wish to screen, decide on your exact Screening Date, which will allow your invited guests to stream the film via link and password (valid for 24 hours) on your selected date. Create a Registration Form for your event (for example via GoogleForms). This registration form should prompt your guests to enter their name and email, which will allow you to send only registered guests the link and password for your virtual screening event.
STEP 3 SUBMIT YOUR CONTRACT
- Submit your Screening Contract listing your chosen Film Title and your exact Screening Date. You will also be asked to share the Event Registration link where your community can sign up to join your virtual screening.
STEP 4 PLAN YOUR EVENT
- Create invitations to promote your: “Virtual Community Film Screening Presented by QS World Merit + SIMA”
- Invite guest speakers or organizations for a Zoom discussion after the film.
- Use our Virtual Community Screening Guidebook in the Welcome Kit to assist with the planning of your virtual screening and discussion.
STEP 5 HOST YOUR EVENT
- Host your event before August 24th and bring your community together around the SDG you care about.
- After the screening, facilitate a discussion via Zoom,
- Record the Zoom discussion for upload to the QS World Merit channel.
STEP 6 REPORT YOUR IMPACT
- The deadline to report your impact is September 2, 2021.
- After your event, submit your Impact Report
- Submit your Zoom discussion recording
- Share Event info via the QS World Merit Impact Report with hashtags: #SIMAclassroom #QSworldmerit #SDGfilmchallenge
- Tag speakers and discussion topics w/hashtags: #SIMAclassroom #QSworldmerit #SDGfilmchallenge