SIMA Classroom is a groundbreaking media platform for global education that features over 100 of the best social-issue films from the annual Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA). This is a diverse and expansive “Netflix for educators”. You not only have access to a growing collection of contemporary current-affairs documentaries, the participatory lesson plans and engagement resources bring the films to life in your classroom.
“SIMA helped inspire my students to become responsible, global citizens who are now motivated to get involved.”
-Michelle Bernstein, Faculty and Chair of the Film and Digital Media Department, New Roads School
SIMA Classroom takes students beyond academic walls and equips them with the skills, global mindsets, and cultural competence required in our ever-changing world. SIMA films teach human-rights and sustainable development goals through inspiring and character-driven stories, which give students a first-person insight into the pulse, the people, and the movements behind today’s global issues.
All films (ranging from 3-40 minutes) are accompanied by teaching materials that connect to relevant class subjects meeting US NATIONAL STANDARDS and foster the values of peace, respect, human rights and cultural diversity.
ENGAGEMENT MODELS + LESSON PLANS
Streaming films directly in your classroom is just one of the many ways you can utilize SIMA Classroom. Explore SIMA ENGAGEMENT MODELS for action-based skill-building activities and visit our PLAYLISTS for films addressing the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and more cross-cutting topics.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I SUBSCRIBE?
- Exclusive access to all SIMA Classroom film titles and teaching resources (Filmmaker Q&As, Resource Links, SIMA Engagement Models / Lesson Plans and Discussion Guides)
- During your subscription term SIMA Classroom will grow. Titles will be added automatically and you will be notified of new additions.
- Invitation to join the SIMA Classroom Global Educators Community, to share notes, resources, best practices and collaborate with other educators utilizing SIMA films.
- Access to QUESTIONNAIRES and FEEDBACK FORMS including the SIMA STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE, which is designed to inspire critical thinking and creative ways to engage with the topics featured in the films both inside and outside the classroom.
WHO CAN GET ACCESS?
SIMA Classroom is available to teachers, schools, academies, colleges and universities around the globe.
- Individual Educator Access (1 year $199 | 3 years $540)
- Limited School Access – up to 10 educators (1 year $799.00 | 3 years $2,160)
- Unlimited School Access (1 year $1,899 | 3 years $5,130)
HOW TO GET ACCESS
Five ways you can bring global learning into your classroom: