SIMA Classroom is a groundbreaking subscription-based online film library that comprises the best short-format documentaries from the annual Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA). These award winners and finalists have been selected from over 140 countries around the world, capturing inspiring social innovation programs, as well as character driven stories that give students first-person insight into the pulse, the people, and the movements behind today’s global issues, serving as an antidote to prejudice and a mending-force to our current socio-political climate. SIMA Classroom’s stories of hope, resilience, and creativity celebrate the power and beauty of diversity, of personal engagement, and our common humanity, all while helping students to utilize their own creativity in solving and addressing real-world social issues in their own communities.
“SIMA helped inspire my students to become responsible, global citizens who are now motivated to get involved.”
-Michelle Bernstein, Faculty and Chair of the Film and Digital Media Department, New Roads School
SIMA films are ideal instruments to open students’ eyes to the human condition, to deepen their critical thinking abilities and equip them with the skills, the cultural and global competence required in our diverse and ever changing world. All films (ranging from 3-40 minutes) are accompanied by teaching materials that connect to relevant class subjects meeting US NATIONAL STANDARDS and foster the values of peace, respect, human rights and cultural diversity.
ENGAGEMENT MODELS + LESSON PLANS
Streaming films directly in your classroom is just one of the many ways you can utilize SIMA Classroom. Explore SIMA ENGAGEMENT MODELS for action-based skill-building activities and visit our UNITED NATIONS PLAYLIST for films addressing the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
WHAT DO I GET WHEN I SUBSCRIBE?
- Exclusive access to all SIMA Classroom film titles and teaching resources (Filmmaker Q&As, Resource Links, SIMA Engagement Models / Lesson Plans and Discussion Guides)
- During your subscription term SIMA Classroom will grow. Titles will be added automatically and you will be notified of new additions.
- Invitation to join the SIMA Classroom Global Educators Community, to share notes, resources, best practices and collaborate with other educators utilizing SIMA films.
- Access to QUESTIONNAIRES and FEEDBACK FORMS including the SIMA STUDENT QUESTIONNAIRE, which is designed to inspire critical thinking and creative ways to engage with the topics featured in the films both inside and outside the classroom.
WHO CAN GET ACCESS?
SIMA Classroom is available to teachers, schools, academies, colleges and universities around the globe.
- Individual Educator Access (1 year $199 | 3 years $540)
- Limited School Access – up to 10 educators (1 year $799.00 | 3 years $2,160)
- Unlimited School Access (1 year $1,899 | 3 years $5,130)
HOW TO GET ACCESS
Five ways you can bring global learning into your classroom: