WELCOME TO SIMA CLASSROOM!
We take students to the frontlines of today's global issues through the power of film.
What Students Are Saying
- “This has been one of my favorite classes because of what we do. Watching and learning about these films has also made me want to act more on the injustices.”Student
- “This has shown me what real responsibility is. I think that I have grown as a sophisticated human being and have learned a lot about serious problems people have to face every day around the world.”Student
- “I became so captivated. These stories have made me reflect on my own life and my own choices and how I can affect people living on the other side of the world.”Student
What Educators Are Saying
- “From a teacher’s point of view, I couldn’t have asked for a more engaging process. I’ve never seen a class so motivated and inspired…The conversations about the films and the subjects didn’t stop when they left my classroom. They continued throughout each student’s life and crossed over into other classes. Seeing this impact is absolutely inspiring as an educator. It helped strengthen their studentship skills, broaden their perspectives, enlightened them, and educated them in various subjects. Collaborating with SIMA helped inspire my students to become responsible, global citizens who are now motivated to get involved.”Faculty and Chair of the Film and Digital Media Department, New Roads School
- “My class is very social justice based – so having films that play to that makes themes come alive for students. I want my students to feel compelled to make the world a better place… and I think that they won’t know what to fix until they examine our world today through different perspectives.”Humanities 8th Grade Teacher
- ““Wanna intentionally induce immunity against the savior complex in your students? Watch SIMA Films.”University Professor, Writer and Innovator
- “These films will encourage them to become better citizens on all levels, from local to global.”High School Teacher
- “These films will benefit my students by broadening their world view and helping them understand themselves and each other in new ways.”5th & 6th Grade ESL Teacher